The 2018 Australian Championships carnival in South Australia will comprise eight events over 9 days - 2 sprint events and 5 forest events. The events cover a wide variety of terrian.
The first 3 events are near Renmark in the Riverland near the SA-Vic border, with the subsequent events in the Mt Lofty Ranges near Adelaide. See the Event Program page for the full list of events and locations.
Follow Facebook for carnival updates.
- Orienteering SA and Orienteering Australia have recently come to an agreement with the Surveying & Spatial Sciences Institute to sponsor the Australian Schools Championship in 2018 and in future years
- Click on the Enter button for entry information. Entries are now open with Early Bird Entries have closed. Normal entries close 26th August.
- Clothing Orders are also open by entering the "Clothing Order Event" on Eventor. Orders must be submitted no later than 26th August and can be collected at registration on your first event. Click here for information about sizing.
- See below for the polo shirt design. Also all entries to senior classes will include a coffee mug similar to the one shown below so that rubbish from paper coffee cups is minimised at the events
- LIDAR has been used in the preparation of three new maps - for a short article on LIDAR and the Crooked Straight map - see this link.
- During the carnival a free workshop on LIDAR and Mapping will be held on Friday 5th Oct, including case studies in the use of LIDAR, the new mapping specifications and converting old maps to the new mapping specifications. Details are here where you can also register your interest.