SALTBUSH ORIENTEERS HOMEPAGE
Orienteering for 44 years.
You are visitor number:
Saltbush Orienteers is based in the city of Whyalla which is located on the eastern side of the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia. The club was first established in 1974. Most of the maps we use are in the nearby Middleback Ranges within 30-60 minutes driving time from the city. New to orienteering: Click here for more information about orienteering..
Go to Events & Location to see 2020 Programme as well as combined Saltbush & Lincoln Orienteers Programme.
Please visit the Saltbush Orienteers Facebook Page
The next event for 2020 is on 26th July at Moonabie Range.
Travel on the Lincoln highway towards Cowell for about 45 km. Access will either be at the sign to Moonabie HS turn left and follow the signs or about 1.5 km further on from the communication towers where there will be a turn to the left. This will be confirmed closer to the event.
Start times are any time between 10 am and 1 pm, but participants must return to the orienteering van by 3pm
- Remember to have comfortable walking shoes, hat and water.
- Fees for casual participants are: Group $10 and Individual $5
- Coaching is available - ask at the orienteering van
- Pre-start requirements - check the courses available (usually shown on a table or notice board), advise the organiser in the van of your course who will then set a start time, pay a fee (exact money please) if a casual participant or beforehand by electronic deposit to the Saltbush account at BSB - 105 054 and Account number - 058902340, get your map and start your course.
- There will be covid-19 restrictions in place, ie no water will be on the courses, physical distancing at the registration area and other areas, no key storage.
- Contact John on 0429 452 375 if you have any queries.