SALTBUSH ORIENTEERS HOMEPAGE
Orienteering for 44 years.
You are visitor number:
Saltbush Orienteers is based in the city of Whyalla which is located on the eastern side of the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia. The club was first established in 1974. Most of the maps we use are in the nearby Middleback Ranges within 30-60 minutes driving time from the city. New to orienteering: Click here for more information about orienteering..
Go to Events & Location to see 2018 Programme as well as combined SB & Lincoln Orienteers Programme.
Please visit the Saltbush Orienteers Facebook Page
Next event is a cross country event on Sunday 20th May 2018. Courses for all levels of ability. See article below
Moonabie Range cross country event on Sunday 20th May 2018
* start anytime between 10.00 am and 1 pm, and return to the orienteering van by 3 pm
* follow the road to Cowell for approximately 50 km. Continue travelling on the main highway for about 6.4 km past the signpost to Moonabie Station, over the ridge near where the communication tower is and then signs point to the left.
* There will be courses to suit all skill and fitness levels. Coaching is available, ask at the van.
* Please have comfortable walking shoes, hat, water and sunscreen
* Entry fees for casual participants - Individual $10.00 and Family/Group $15.00, compass hire $1
* A barbecue plate will be avaialable for use - BYO food and drink* No dogs are allowed on the property
* For more details contact John on 0478 624 765
Mel at Moonabie Range 2017
Sketch of directions to Moonabie Range area