SALTBUSH ORIENTEERS HOMEPAGE
Orienteering for 44 years.
You are visitor number:
Saltbush Orienteers is based in the city of Whyalla which is located on the eastern side of the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia. The club was first established in 1974. Most of the maps we use are in the nearby Middleback Ranges within 30-60 minutes driving time from the city. New to orienteering: Click here for more information about orienteering..
Go to Events & Location to see 2021 Programme as well as combined Saltbush & Lincoln Orienteers Programme.
Please visit the Saltbush Orienteers Facebook Page
The next scheduled event is the EP Championships at Hidden Valley on Sunday 8th August
The Eyre Peninsula Championships, an interclub event between Saltbush and Lincoln clubs will use the Hidden Valley map. The location is on the Moonabie property and signs start at the Lincoln Highway turnoff to Moonabie Homestead, about 47 km from Whyalla and 60 km from Cowell (see overhead photo below)
An entry form and information in .doc and .pdf formats can be downloaded here -
- Start times for Recreation courses are any time between 10 am and 1 pm. Return to the van by 3 pm.
- For casual orienteers - Pre-start procedures - decide on your course (descriptions will be displayed on a notice board or a table), fill out the course entry form, if new to orienteering fill out a registration form, present the form(s) to the organiser in the orange and white orienteering van, pay any fees (casual individual $10, group $15). Compass hire - $1, Sportident stick hire $2. The organiser will allocate a time to start and at that time collect your map and start your course.
- There is no water set out on the courses.
- Remember to put on sunscreen and wear a hat and appropriate walking shoes.
- A barbecue plate will be available but bring your own food and drink.
- There will be courses for all fitness levels.
Winners of the B teams and holding the Jade trophy are Saltbush Orienteers Alek Sims (holding trophy), John Brockhurst and Alan Holland at the EP Relays at Coffin Bay on 6 June 2021. The EP Relays is an annual interclub competition between the Saltbush and Lincoln clubs. Lincoln won the A and C classes and secured enough points to win the overall winner trophy.
Awards for the 2020 season
EP Relays 21 July 2019