SALTBUSH ORIENTEERS HOMEPAGE
Orienteering for 44 years.
You are visitor number:
Saltbush Orienteers is based in the city of Whyalla which is located on the eastern side of the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia. The club was first established in 1974. Most of the maps we use are in the nearby Middleback Ranges within 30-60 minutes driving time from the city. New to orienteering: Click here for more information about orienteering..
Go to Events & Location to see 2020 Programme as well as combined Saltbush & Lincoln Orienteers Programme.
Please visit the Saltbush Orienteers Facebook Page
The next event for 2020 is on 26th July at Moonabie Range.
Travel on the Lincoln highway towards Cowell for about 45 km. When you see the sign to Moonabie HS on the Lincoln Highway, turn left and follow the signs along the Murninnie Beach road to signs at second new stock grid; (don't go through the second gate), turn right and travel along a fence track (watch for drain section). The track is in good condition and suitable for conventional vehicles.
Start times are any time between 10 am and 1 pm, but participants must return to the orienteering van by 3pm
- Remember to have comfortable walking shoes, hat and water.
- Fees for casual participants are: Group $10 and Individual $5
- The timing is electronic and the fee for hire of a sportident usb stick is $2
- Coaching is available - ask at the orienteering van
- Pre-start requirements - check the courses available (usually shown on a table or notice board), advise the organiser in the van of your course who will then set a start time, pay a fee if a casual participant, get your map and start your course.
- There will be covid-19 restrictions in place, ie no water will be on the courses, physical distancing at the registration area and other areas, no key storage.
- Contact Alan on 0403 010 569 if you have any queries.
directions to the Moonabie Range start