Orienteering Clubs & Membership 2021
Club Membership for 2021 - members join both Orienteering SA and an orienteering club (choose from the list below)
For details on how to renew or for new members how to join, see below the club information. The main benefit of membership is cheaper event fees (often 50% less than for non-members, and member juniors under 14 are free at most events).
Adelaide Metropolitan Clubs
Each club is loosely based in a geographic area (see below and this map).
Onkaparinga Hills Orienteering Club (OH) - Mitcham Hills area & nearby southern suburbs through to the coast. Contact: David Tilbrook (08) 8431 3256
Tintookies Orienteering Club (TT) -suburbs north of Adelaide CBD. Contact: Julia Lloyd 0419 802 334
Tjuringa Orienteers (TJ) - southern suburbs south of O'Halloran Hill. Contact Jan Hillyard (08)8381 4696
Wallaringa Orienteers (WA) suburbs east and west of the Adelaide CBD. Contact Rachael Upton –
Yalanga Orienteers (YA) - suburubs immediately north of the Adelaide CBD through to north eastern suburbs. Contact Ruth Nicolson (08) 8339 5247
Lincoln Orienteers - Port Lincoln and surrounds Contact Bron Saint
Saltbush Orienteers - Whyalla and surrounds. Contact John Paterson 8645 9697
Top End Orienteers- based in Darwin and affiliated with Orienteering SA. Susanne Casanova
Members from all metropolitan clubs (OH, YA, TT, TJ and WA) are able to register and pay online using either electronic funds transfer with Polipayments (preferred as costs are less), Paypal or their credit card.
2021 Membership Fees are
OSA 2021 – Membership Fees – Metropolitan Clubs
Family – up to two seniors (21 and over) and unlimited dependent juniors
Normal - $100
Concessional - $75 (holder of government concession cards)
Senior - 21 and over
Normal - $60
Concessional - $50 (holder of government concession cards)
Junior (20 and under) - $40
School Membership: Go to Schools Page for details
In the case of country clubs (SB, LI and TEO) you will have the option of paying by manual EFT, cheque or cash. Fees vary from the above metropolitan fees - check with the club contact. Country clubs also have a paper membership form but are encouraged to register online as it will save their treasurer/secretary a lot of work having to enter your information into the system manually.
Renewal is easy for individuals or families. To ensure continuity renewal should be done before the end of December. To obtain member discounts you must first renew or take out your 2021 membership. Just follow the steps below
- If you have a child (you can apply for up to 2 children) attending a South Australian Primary School in 2021 you may be eligible for a Sport Voucher. CLICK HERE TO APPLY This gives you a big saving in membership fees.
You can only do this if you have not already done it this year with another sport. The amount discounted is equal to the cost of Junior Membership. This is a State Government initiative administered by the Office for Recreation, Sport & Racing. Apply for this before applying for membership by clicking on the above link which can be used by SA country clubs as well. The NT Government has its own scheme which applies to membership of Top End Orienteers
- If you wish to be or renew your membership of Lincoln Orienteers or Saltbush make sure you indicate on the membership form that you have one or more vouchers and your fee will be reduced accordingly.
- Just log on to Eventor If you have forgotten you logon or password just click on "I have forgotten my login details"
- Go to My Pages
- My memberships
- click on the renew button and follow the prompts.
The whole family can be renewed at the same time. Please make sure all your family members are entered on Eventor.
School Membership: For details and membership form go to Schools Home Page
Country clubs can get a hard copy membership form from their club or at events or apply online.
New members: It is preferred that new members use the following downloadable form: MembershipForm2021NewMembers.doc You can go online with Eventor if you prefer. Copies will also be available at events.. If eligible (see above) you should apply for a Sport Voucher first.
Casual Registration:If you are not sure about membership yet you can become a member of Casuals SA at no cost. It is now easy to apply online. If you need help with the process click on the following: How to Register & join an Orienteering Club or Casuals SA in Eventor (new Feb 2021)
Registration is valid for all of the calendar year. Higher event fees apply at all events to non-members/Casuals Benefits of registering in Eventor as a Casual:
- Entry to all events conducted by Orienteering SA and affiliated clubs
- Weekly ENEWS & option to subscribe(free) to Orienteering Australia E-News
- Access to coaching at events
- The right to convert to paid membership at any time
- Covered by Orienteering Australia's Public Risk Policy.
- If you are a family and register all family members, providing you pre enter an event online at the same time you are entitled to a family discount. (only 3 most expensive persons are charged)
- If all your family is registered one person can enter other family members at the same time.
Need Help in using Eventor
- Renewing Individual Membership in Eventor [Pictorial & Easy to Follow]
- Renewing Family Group Membership in Eventor [Pictorial & Easy to Follow]
- Eventor Notes For Members [More details covering all situations]
- How to Register & join an Orienteering Club or Casuals SA in Eventor (new Feb 2021)
Why become a member of an orienteering club?
Membership is annual (although you can join at any time) and gives members
- lower entry fees at all events
- South Australian Orienteer - SA's orienteering newsletter is available in Electronic form only.
- Weekly Orienteering SA ENEWS & option to subscribe(free) to Orienteering Australia E-News
- Australian Orienteer 2020 - national orienteering magazine. Electronic form. Full financial members have the option of getting a hard copy if they wish via the following link: Order for a hard copy If you miss an order deadline your wishes will be recorded for future editions)
- access to club based training and social activities
- information on major orienteering events and carnivals
- access to network of orienteers to provide assistance with orienteering activities, organising travel to events
- Access to coaching at events and club coaching days.
- Eligible for Orienteer of the Year (OY) awards.
- Covered by Orienteering Australia's Public Risk Policy.
You can join as:
- an individual senior (21 and over) or individual junior (20 and under)
- family (2 seniors and any dependent juniors).
- School Membership: Go to Schools Page for details